What do we mean by Integrative Medicine
Integrative Medicine integrates:
- Diagnosis and support of all aspects of human functioning - biological, psychological, social, environmental and spiritual
- Your own self-knowledge as a primary diagnostic tool, and your self-development as a primary outcome within the therapeutic process.
- Your healthcare values, beliefs, wishes and sensitivities considered first and foremost in the planning of healthcare interventions
- All possible sources of potential help to create a ‘bet of all worlds’ solution combining state of the art medical, therapeutic and self-help approaches to achieve the very best medical and personal outcomes.
What are the services of the Integrative Medicine Institute?
In our outpatient and group programmes we offer:
- Integrative Medicine Doctors – who will assess the state and needs of each person and help them form a personalised regenerative health programme.
- Psychological Therapists – providing Counselling, Sophrology and Hypnotherapy who will support: recovery from the shock and trauma of diagnosis and treatment; emotional healing of past trauma; development of new awareness of emotional needs and how to get these met; learning of evidence based mind-body techniques to promote quality of life, immune function, neuro-endocrince balance and self-healing.
- Complementary Therapists – providing Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Healing, Ayurveda, Massage, Aromatherapy for the relief of symptoms of illness and the side effects of treatment; to rebalance and re-energise; and to provide comfort and support.
- Nutritional Therapists and Wholefood Cooks – providing personalised support to create optimised nutrition plans based on individual testing and to teach new healthy cookery skills
- Physical Coaches, Physiotherapists and Osteopaths – to maximise physical fitness; reduce pain and restriction in the body; to maximise physical function.
- Self-help Classes in Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Relaxation, Meditation – to develop physical, mental and spiritual strength, flexibility, vitality and peace of mind; and to enable clients to move from dependency on doctors and therapists into supported self-responsibility.
- Health Mentorship – to provide ongoing support for the motivation and guidance of clients in making and sustaining healthy changes, and changes in their life priorities that will promote shifts towards whole-hearted living based on authentic personal values, purpose and meaning that are coherent with the highest good of people and planet.
- Functional medicine testing - to provide personalised diagnosis with:
Haematology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Age Reading, Exercise tolerance , Nutritional Status, Hormone levels,, Endocrine function, Stress testing, DHEA/Cortisol ratio, Allergy and Intolerance , Heart Rate Variability